- 30000 Social Intervention: Programs and Policies
Course taught at Dominican University:
Human Behavior in the Social Environment I: Life Course Development
Human Behavior in the Social Environment II: Diversity & Oppression
Race & Ethnicity in U.S. Social Policy
Feminist Approaches to Clinical Practice with Individuals & Families
Director of Student Civic Education, University of Chicago (current role)
Vice President of Program Quality, Innovation & Evaluation, Chicago Scholars
Director of College Success, Chicago Scholars
Assistant Professor (tenure track), Dominican University School of Social Work, River Forest, IL
Student Affairs Administrator, Ctr. for the Study of Race, Politics & Culture, University of Chicago
Internship Coordinator, Pozen Family Center for Human Rights, University of Chicago
Graduate Intern, Ctr. for the Study of Race, Politics & Culture, University of Chicago
Fields of Special Interest
Identifying Barriers to College Access and Success among Underrepresented Populations; Race & Intersections of Difference; Academic & Racial Identity Formation; Educational Policy; College Match & Undermatch; International Social Work; Qualitative Research Methods; Poverty and Place
Moragne-Patterson, Y. Kafi & Barnett, Tracey. 2017. Experiences and Responses to Microaggressions on Historically White Campuses: A Qualitative Interpretive Meta-Synthesis. The Journal of Sociology and Social Welfare, Vol. 44: Iss. 3, Article 2.
Stone, Susan & Moragne-Patterson, Y. Kafi. 2016. The Changing Context of School Social Work Practice. In School Social Work: National Perspectives on Practice in School edited by Sosa, L. V., Cox, T., & Alvarez. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Clinical Guest Speaker, The Intersection of Secondary Trauma, Violence and Mental Health in the Black Community. Chicago Chapter Charities Foundation’s Annual Power & Purpose Luncheon. Chicago, IL, October, 2018.
- Panelist, Non-Academic Careers for Social Workers with Ph.D.s, University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration. Chicago, IL, March, 2018.
- Panelist, Using Intersectionality to Strengthen the Social Worker’s Political Voice. University of Chicago School of Social Service Administration’s Alumni Association. Chicago, IL, February, 2018.
- Presenter, Using Social Identity to Explore the Relationship Between Campus Experience and Persistence Among Black, Latin@, and Asian Students. Moragne-Patterson, Y. K. & Villarreal Sosa, L. Society for Social Work and Research Annual Conference. New Orleans, LA, January, 2017.
- Moderator, The World is the Children’s Classroom: The Black Panther Party’s Oakland Community School. The Black Panther Party @ 50 Series at the University of Chicago. Chicago, IL, December, 2016.
- Discussant, Criminalization of Communities of Color: The Social Work Response. 8th Annual African American & Latino Symposium at the Dominican University School of Social Work. River Forest, IL, March 2015.