41600 Public School Systems and Populations
43300 The Exceptional Child
67000 School Social Work Policy and Practice
- Director of School Social Work, School of Social Service Administration
- Social & Academic Supports Facilitator, Network for College Success, School of Social Service Administration
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Lurie Children’s Hospital (formerly Children’s Memorial Hospital)
- Faculty member, Loyola University Family & School Partnerships Program
- School Social Worker, Young Women’s Leadership Charter School
- School Social Worker, Worth School District
Fields of Special Interest
- School social work
- Special education
- Supporting families of children with chronic illness and other special needs
- School-Community Partnerships
- Educational Leadership Coaching
Publications or presentations
Meade, J. & Brake, A. (October, 2016). School Social Workers as Leaders: Ensuring our Seats at the Table. Presented at the Illinois Association of School Social Workers Annual Conference. Lisle, IL.
Meade, J. (2013). A Rose by Any Other Name. In Monday Coffee & Other Stories of Mothering Children with Special Needs (pp. 107-111). Indianapolis: INwords Publications.
Corey, M., Ivey, T.,Kristovic, M. & Meade, J. (2013, October). Systems of Support for Post-Secondary Success. Network for College Success Social and Academic Support Collaborative Opening Meeting. Chicago, IL
Meade, J. & Sholtes, S. (July, 2008). Supporting Students Facing Chronic Illness. Presented at the Summer Institute of the Loyola University Chicago Family and School Partnerships Program. Chicago, IL.
Kelly, M. & Meade, J. (July, 2007). Pressure to be Cool: Working with Kids, Families and Schools to Promote Sensible Decision Making Around Alcohol, Drugs and Internet Usage. Presented at the Summer Institute of the Loyola University Chicago Family and School Partnerships Program. Chicago, IL.
Meade, J., Adler-Morrison, M. & Roman-Santos, E. (July 2006). Expanding Your Resources through School-Community Partnerships. Presented at the Summer Institute of the Loyola University Chicago Family and School Partnerships Program. Chicago, IL.
Gleason, E.T. & Meade, J. (March, 2006). Win-Win Connections: The Case for Community Partnerships in Schools. Presented at the School Social Work Association of America (SSWAA) National Conference. Boston, MA