Assistant Instructional Professor
- 30100 Social Intervention: Direct Practice
- 40403 Fundamentals of Behavioral Therapy: Contemporary Approaches
- 44501 Clinical Research: Using Evidence in Clinical Decision Making
- Therapist, Emotion Management Program
- Uhlich Children’s Advantage Network:
- Group home manager
- Residential therapist
- DBT Specialist
- Director of Clinical Training DBT Program
Fields of Special Interest
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, other contextual treatment approaches
- Implementation of Evidence Based Practices across healthcare systems
- Clinical supervision and training
- Eating disorders, addiction, self injury, milieu based approaches
Publications or presentations
Healing Self- Inflicted Violence in Adolescents with Eating Disorders: A Unified Treatment Approach. (2010). Chapter 16, in M. Maine, D. Bunnell, & B. McGilley. (Eds.), Treatment of Eating Disorders: Bridging the Gap Between Research and Practice.
ACT and DBT: Innovative Treatment for Eating Disorders. The Long Island Conference on Eating Disorders, Hofstra University, NYC. May 2014.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy: Introduction to Philosophy and Skills. United Kingdom/European Symposium on Addictive Disorders. London, England, May 2014.
- A Mindful Path in Trauma Work: the Art and Science. Hawai`i Conference on Preventing, Assessing & Treating Child, Adolescent & Adult Trauma. Honolulu, HI. March 2014.
- Blending ACT and DBT: A combined treatment model to treat the chronically distressed client. Colorado Counseling Association. Denver, CO. March 2014.
- Unleashing the Power of Mindfulness in Eating Disorder Treatment. Lunch and Learn Series. Highland Park, IL. February 2014.
- Mindfulness in the Classroom: Using evidence based practice to help students succeed. National Coalition on Girls’ Education. Philadelphia, PA February 2014.
- Using DBT in a school setting: skills that can help in the moment. Illinois Association of School Social Workers. November 2013.
- Let Your Values Be Your Guide: Using ACT to Engage the Difficult to Engage Client. NASW-IL. October 2013.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy: an Introduction to the Philosophy and Skills. NASW-IL. October 2013.