The following is a list of SSA faculty research projects and their grantors.
Alida Bouris, Associate Professor
- "Motives for Heavy Cannabis Use among Young Men who have Sex with Men Living with HIV/AIDS," NIH/DePaul University.
- "PrEParing Our Youth: Parent and Adolescent Perspectives on Parental Involvement in PrEP Decision-Making among Younger Black MSM and Transgender Women," University of Chicago, Biological Sciences Division, National Institutes of Health (NIH)/Northwestern University.
- "Project PrEP-R: Network Support to Engage and Retain Younger Black MSM in PrEP Care," NIH.
Evelyn Brodkin, Associate Professor
- "Making Asylum," UChicago Neubauer Collegium for Culture and Society
Robert Chaskin, McCormick Foundation Professor
- "Slum Clearance, Urban Restructuring, and (Re)Emergent Communities in Mumbai," UChicago Center in Delhi, India
Yoonsun Choi, Associate Professor
- "Culture, Family Process, and Developmental Outcomes in Asian American Youth," National Institutes of Health.
Mark Courtney, Samuel Deutsch Professor
- "California Youth Transitions to Adulthood Study (CalYOUTH)," The Annie E. Casey, Walter S. Johnson, Conrad N. Hilton, Stuart, and Zellerbach Family Foundations.
- "Understanding the Relationship between Extended Foster Care and Transitions to Adulthood from Care," The William T. Grant Foundation.
Matthew Epperson, Associate Professor
- "Advancing the Implementation and Rigorous Testing of Deferred Prosecution Programs: A Multisite Study," The Laura and John Arnold Foundation/Washington University in St. Louis.
- "Advancing Intervention Science for Probationers with Serious Mental Illnesses," National Institutes of Health.
- “Promoting Behavioral Health within Communities to Reduce Criminal Justice Contact,” National Institutes of Health, CTSA Consortium
Gina Fedock, Assistant Professor
- "Suicidal Behaviors in Prisons: Exploring Racial and Gender Disparities, Prison Responses, and Outcomes," UChicago/SSA Center for Health Administration Studies (CHAS).
Angela Garcia, Assistant Professor
- "The State of the Comparative Study of Race and Ethnicity," UChicago Center for the Study of Race, Politics, and Culture.
- "Waiting for Reform: Uncertainty and Undocumented Mexicans' Mental Health," UChicago/SSA Center for Health Administration Studies (CHAS).
Yanilda González, Assistant Professor
- "The Contours of Black Citizenship in a Global Context," UChicago Neubauer Collegium for Culture and Society
Deborah Gorman-Smith, Emily Klein Gidwitz Professor
- "Chicago Center for Youth Violence Prevention," Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Colleen Grogan, Professor
- "America's Hidden Health Care State," National Institutes of Health.
Sydney Hans, Frank P. Hixon Distinguished Service Professor
- "Educare RCT Sample Maintenance and Parent Interview Phase," Buffett Early Childhood Fund/University of North Carolina.
- "Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program," Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)/State of Illinois.
- "Doula Home Visiting Randomized Controlled Trial," Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Julia Henly, Professor
- "Determinants of Subsidy Stability and Child Care Continuity in Illinois and New York: Phase 2 – A Focus on the Subsidy-Quality Intersection," Department of Health and Human Services/Administration for Children and Families.
- "Robert Wood Johnson Interdisciplinary Leaders Program," The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
- “Interdisciplinary Research,” Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/Center for Popular Democracy
Leyla Ismayilova, Assistant Professor
"Developing a Mental Health Prevention Program for Institutionalized Children in Azerbaijan" UChicago/SSA Center for Health Administration Studies (CHAS).
Waldo E. Johnson, Jr., Associate Professor
- "Father-Son Communication About Violence," The Joint Research Fund.
- "Parenting and Men's Health: The Utility of the Fathers and Sons Program," NIH/The University of Michigan.
Susan Lambert, Associate Professor
- "Fair Workweek Initiative," The Center for Popular Democracy.
- "Secure Scheduling Evaluation," City of Seattle.
- "Precarious Work Schedules among Early-Career Adults in the U.S.," Kellogg Foundation/Hastings College of the Law.
- "Stable Schedules Study to Promote Low-Income Worker Health and Well-Being," Robert Wood Johnson Foundation/Hastings College of the Law.
- "Work Scheduling Study," Russell Sage Foundation, Ford Foundation, Annie E. Casey Foundation, and the UChicago/SSA Center for Health Administration Studies (CHAS).
Curtis McMillen, David and Mary Winton Green Professor
- "Understanding and Improving Performance Measurement Systems in Private Child and Family Service Agencies," University of Chicago - Chapin Hall Joint Research Fund.
Harold Pollack, Helen Ross Professor
- "Impact of Health Reform on Outpatient Substance Abuse Treatment Programs," National Institutes of Health/Bay State Health.
Tina Rzepnicki, David and Mary Winton Green Professor Emerita
- "Program Practices Project," Illinois Department of Children and Family Services.
Miwa Yasui, Associate Professor
- "Mental Health Engagement," University of Chicago - Chapin Hall Joint Research Fund.
- "Examining Cultural Thresholds of Mental Health Need Among Asian American and Immigrant Children and Families," UChicago/SSA Center for Health Administration Studies (CHAS).
Marci Ybarra, Associate Professor
- "How Do Low-Income Expectant Mothers Package Work and Safety Net Support? Evidence from Illinois Administrative Data," University of Chicago – Chapin Hall Joint Research Fund.
Alan Zarychta, Assistant Professor
- "Temporal Dynamics of Health System Reform: A Pilot Study in Honduras," UChicago/SSA Center for Health Administration Studies.