- 32700 Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Doctoral Research Assistant; University of Chicago (SSA)
- Research Fellow; RefugeeOne
- Project Coordinator; The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Frank Porter Graham Child Development Institute
- Doctoral Theory Workshop Coordinator, University of Chicago (SSA)
Fields of Special Interest
- Refugee children and adolescent development
- Schooling among disadvantaged populations
- School social work and urban education
- International social work
Publications or Presentations
- Anderson, C., Cureton Turner, A., Heath, R., & Payne, C.M. (2016). On the meaning of grit…and hope…and fate control…and alienation…and locus of control…and…self-efficacy…and…effort optimism…and… The Urban Review, 48, 198-219.
- Nagaoka, J., Farrington, C., Elhrich, S., Johnson, D.W., Heath, R., Dickson, S., Cureton Turner, A., Hayes, K., and Mayo, Ashley. (June 2015); A Framework for Developing Young Adult Success in the 21st Century. The Wallace Project at the Consortium on Chicago School Research, Chicago, IL.
- Cureton Turner, A. (2015, March 6). Outcasts in a new land: The history of social workers in the U.S. refugee resettlement program. Retrieved from http://uchicagoparrblog.strikingly.com/blog/outcasts-in-a-new-land-the-history-of-social-workers-in-the-us