- 42100 Aging and Mental Health
- 49332 Dying, Death and End of Life Care
- Psychotherapist, Chicago Center for Psychotherapy
Social Worker, Horizon Hospice and Palliative Care
Assistant Research Professor, University of Chicago Hospitals, Department of Geriatrics
Research Associate, University of Michigan Medical School, Department of Medical Education
Fields of Special Interest
End of Life Issues
Health and Illness
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Publications or presentations
- Williams, Brent C., Amy R. Schigelone, James T. Fitzgerald, Jeffrey B. Halter. 2008. “Successful Implementation of a Faculty Development Program in Geriatrics for Non-Primary Care Physician Educators.” Gerontology & Geriatrics Education 28 (3): 5 – 27.
- Schigelone, Amy Schiller and Berit Ingersoll-Dayton. 2004. “Some of My Best Friends are Old: A Qualitative Exploration of Medical Students’ Interest in Geriatrics.” Educational Gerontology 30(8): 643-661.
- Schigelone, Amy Schiller and James Thomas Fitzgerald. 2004. “Development and Utilization of Vignettes in Assessing Medical Students’ Support of Older and Younger Patients’ Medical Decisions.” Evaluation and the Health Professions 27 (3): 265-284.
- Schigelone, Amy R. Schiller. 2003. “How Can We Ignore the Why? A Theoretical Approach to Health Care Professionals’ Attitudes toward the Elderly.” Journal of Gerontological Social Work 40:31-50.
- Lawrence, Abigail Ruth and Amy R. Schiller Schigelone. 2003. “Reciprocity Beyond Dyadic Relationships: Aging-Related Communal Coping,” Research on Aging 24:684-704.