These guidelines apply to all copies of all advertisements (including print, internet, radio, TV, or other means) or other methods (direct letters, letters from schools) of recruitment to be used. The IRB must review the exact wording to be used except for the date and time the research is to be initiated.
Advertisements must include
- Name and phone number of the investigator
- The general purpose of the research
- A summary form of the eligibility criteria that will be used to admit subjects into the study
- The location of the research
- The person to contact for further information
Advertisements must be approved by the IRB. Any changes in an advertisement must have prior approval by the IRB.