- Viewpoint - From the Dean - Dean Guterman discusses new research initiatives at SSA.
- Conversation - Home with a Heart - Michael Sosin, the Emily Klein Gidwitz Professor at SSA, and Nancy Radner, CEO of the Chicago Alliance to End Homelessness, discuss new approaches to end homelessness in Chicago.
- Ideas - The Power of Family - Rethinking the role of grandmothers when a mother is incarcerated
- Ideas - A Broad Prescription - To impact the social influence on health, practitioners need a wide view
- Preparing for the Next Stage - From social enterprise to social media, a wave of innovations is transforming how nonprofits operate
- A Voice from the Field - Tension Release - Bobbie Gottschalk, A.M. ‘66, helps Seeds of Peace defuse international conflict by making it personal
- The Science of Social Welfare - Complex research provides the evidence for evidence-based practice
- Grand Vision - Gary Comer wanted to help the children of Greater Grand Crossing, the neighborhood where he grew up. With an investment of more than $75 million and help from SSA, the scope of his impact keeps growing.
- Training Days - Illinois is facing the challenge of bringing the evidence from child welfare research into daily use
- Student Spotlight - Student in Government - A vision for better public policy helped Ameya Pawar become one of Chicago’s new aldermen
- Spring Award Season - Mental health luminaries receive the Edith Abbott and Distinctive Innovation in Social Services Awards
- Behind the Numbers - Protecting Policy Gains - 2 million+: Number of children who receive child care subsidized by state and federal government. Threats to government investments in child care are shortsighted (with full citations)
View web-only content:
- Home with a Heart - Extended Conversation
Read the full conversation between Michael Sosin, the Emily Klein Gidwitz Professor at SSA, and Nancy Radner, CEO of the Chicago Alliance to End Homelessness.
- Darryl Clayton and his experience as a masters student at SSA
Read about Darryl Clayton, an SSA student working at the Gary Comer Youth Center.
- Social Worker as Artist/Storyteller
Read about Carol Levin, an SSA alumna who reaches people through mixed-media art.