- 30000 Social Intervention: Programs and Policies I
- 61400 The Social Meaning of Race
- SSA Teaching Apprentice with Dr. Waldo Johnson, Jr.
- Curriculum Development, Woodlawn Children's Promise Community
- Research Consultant, Betty Shabazz International Charter School
- Research Assistant
Fields of Special Interest
- Urban Education Reform
- Adolescent experiences with violence and discrimination
- Social media and youth development
Publications or Presentations
Patton, Desmond Upton, Robert Eschmann, and Dirk Butler. (2013). Internet banging: new trends in social media, gang violence, masculinity and hip hop. Computers in Human Behavior, 29(5), 54-59.
- Eschmann, Robert and Desmond Patton. Forthcoming. High Achieving African American Males and Their Street Friends: A Case Study Approach to Understanding Alternative Forms of Social Cohesion and Informal Social Control in Violent Neighborhoods.
- Eschmann, Robert and Scott Allard. Forthcoming. The changing geography of poverty: Low-income and minority students in Suburban Schools.