- 32700 Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- 41700 Clinical Treatment of Abusive Family Systems
- 45822 A Systems Approach to Prevention, Assessment, and Advocacy Work with At Risk Children and Families
- Owner, Melinda Gronen Counseling and Consulting, LLC
- Social Work Clinical Coordinator - Protective Services Team, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- Adjunct Professor, Jane Addams College of Social Work/UIC
- Program Coordinator/Therapist, The Youth Campus Residential Treatment Facility
- Residential Case Manager, The Jewish Children’s Bureau
Fields of Special Interest
- Child Maltreatment
- Sexual Trauma
- Interpersonal Violence
- Pediatric Medical Social Work
o Protective Services
o Emergency Department
o Chronic Illness
o Intensive Care
- Children, Adolescents, and Families
- Forensic Social Work Assessments
Publications or presentations
- Social Work Practice in Health Care: Advanced Approaches and Emerging Trends; Chapter 12 Pediatric Health Care Social Work Practice; Sarah E. Power and Melinda Gronen, editors Karen Allen and William John Spitzer (Sage Publishing; Anticipated Publish Date Fall 2014)
- "Out of the Shadows: Child Physical Abuse Assessment and Intervention." Erikson Institute Professional Development Program, July 31, 2014.
- "Understanding the Psychosocial Dynamics of Child Abuse." DCFS/Police Child Abuse Investigator Training, Multidisciplinary Pediatric Education and Evaluation Consortium, May 29, 2014.
- Child Maltreatment: Social Work Assessment and Intervention. 18 CEU Certificate Course for Practicing Social Work Professionals. January – June 2014.
- "Child Physical Abuse Assessment." St. Charles Police Department, February 27 and March 6, 2014.
- "Coping with Crying: Understanding Infant Crying to Prevent Future Abuse." North Shore Evanston Hospital, Infant Special Care Unit, November 18, 2013.
- "Infant Child Abuse and Neglect: Prevention, Assessment, and Intervention." Maternal Child Health Network Perinatal Disparities Conference, Schererville, IN. September 11, 2013.
- "Community Partnerships in Keeping Kids Safe." North Chicago Police Department Community Police Academy, April 4, 2013.
- "Understanding Medical Child Abuse (aka Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy): Hot Topics Panel." International United Mitochondrial Medicine Foundation Conference, June 18, 2011.