Current Doctoral Students:
- Kallie Clark, AM '15, Doctoral Candidate
- Katherine Gibson, AM '16, Doctoral Candidate
- Justin Harty, Doctoral Candidate
- Yu-An Lin, Doctoral Candidate
- Sophia Sarantakos, Doctoral Candidate
Doctoral Alumni Profiles:
- Llewellyn Cornelius, AM '85, PhD '88, the Donald L. Hollowell Distinguished Professor of Social Justice and Civil Rights Studies at the University of Georgia School of Social Work, has more than 29 years of experience in equity and disparities research and has been involved in the design and implementation of a multitude of community, state, and federal studies.
- Denise Kane, AM '78, PhD '01, has reformed and strengthened the child welfare system in Illinois as the first-ever Inspector General of the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services
- Nathan Linsk, AM '74, PhD' 82, has helped organize HIV/AIDS education programs in Chicago and the Midwest, started a para-social work program targeted at orphans of the disease in East Africa, launched a journal dedicated to social work around the issue, and has been an advocate for more support and attention to HIV/AIDS and patients who have the disease.
- Sadiq Patel, PhD '19, worked with Chicago youth in the Chicago Public School system and Chicago Center for Youth Violence Prevention. These programs have sparked his research about new technology preventing violence and HIV.
- David Protess, AM 70, PhD '74, is a professor of journalism at Northwestern University’s Medill School and faculty fellow at the university’s Institute for Policy Research.
- Frederic Reamer, PhD '78, a professor in the graduate program at the School of Social Work, Rhode Island College, chaired the national taskforce that wrote a major revision of the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW).
H. Luke Shaefer, AM '05, PhD '08, co-wrote "$2.00 A Day," a book about extreme poverty in the U.S.
Edwina S. Uehara, Ph.D. '87, serves as dean of the University of Washington's School of Social Work.
Earlie M. Washington, PhD '90, is the Former Dean of the College of Health and Human Services at Western Michigan University.
Beulah Compton, PhD '71, professor and director of the School of Social Work at the University of Southern Mississippi, held a variety of social work positions and has served as a case consultant to family service agencies.
Lorraine Suzuki, PhD '73, devised more efficient systems for information processing and to document interrelated service systems for Asia in her roles with the Asian Division of the University of Maryland University College Extension.