Introducing the Certificate in Nonprofit Management
at the School of Social Service Administration (SSA)
and Community Programs Accelerator at the University of Chicago
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is a new two-year program for early to mid-stage nonprofit professionals working in or focused on Chicago's South Side. Taught by SSA faculty and industry practitioners, this certificate will equip participants with the hands-on skills and theoretical knowledge they need to operate an effective organization, build a productive board, develop sound financial tools and budgets, improve fundraising, explore marketing strategies, and evaluate programming.
- Bachelor's degree OR 300 hours of verifiable work or volunteer experience at a nonprofit
- Demonstrated commitment to Chicago's South Side neighborhoods
To be awarded a certificate of completion, participants must complete the following over a two-year period:
- Six 90-minute Community Education Workshops at the Community Programs Accelerator
- Three half-day Community Education Workshops at the Community Programs Accelerator
- Core Course taught by SSA faculty
Program begins Fall 2019.