- 41100 Psychodynamic Practice Methods II
- 64500 Psychodynamic Intervention for Clients with Challenging Mental Health Issues
Clinical Associate Professor, University of Illinois at Chicago Jane Addams College of Social Work, Field Liaison
Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Illinois Hospital, Department of Health Social Work, Social Work Supervisor, Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
- Clinical Social Worker, Jewish Family and Community Service, Individual, Couple and Family Therapy
Fields of Special Interest
- Application of Contemporary Psychodynamic Relational Theory to Social Work Practice with Vulnerable Urban Populations
- Relational Supervision and Field Instruction
Applications of Attachment Theory to Social Work Practice
Publications or Presentations
- Ornstein, E. D. & Moses, H. (2010). Goodness of fit: A relational approach to field instruction. Journal of Teaching in Social Work, 30, 101-114.
- Weinstein, L. S., Winer, J. A., & Ornstein, E. D. (2009). Supervision and self disclosure: Modes of supervisory interaction. Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association 7, 1379-1399.
Ganzer, C., & Ornstein, E. D. (2008). In and out of enactment: A relational perspective on the short and long term treatment of substance abuse. Clinical Social Work Journal. 36, 155-164.
Massat, C. R., Moses, H., & Ornstein, E.D. (2008). Grief and loss in schools: A perspective for school social workers. School Social Work Journal, 33, 80-95.
Ornstein, E. D., & Ganzer, C. (2005). Relational social work: A model for the future. Families In Society, 84, 565-572.