- 30200 Social Intervention: Research and Evaluation
- Project Coordinator, National Drug Abuse Treatment System Survey State Case Studies
- Doctoral Research Assistant, The University of Chicago
- Research Analyst, National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors
- Girls’ Education and Empowerment Extension Agent, Peace Corps Togo
Fields of Special Interest
- Substance Use Disorder and Behavioral Health Services and Policies
- Addiction Recovery and Recovery-Oriented Systems of Care
- Behavioral and Physical Health Disparities and Equity
- Asian and Pacific Islander American Populations
Publications or Presentations
Andrews, C., Abraham, A., Grogan, C. M., Pollack, H. A., Bersamira, C., Humphreys, K., & Friedmann, P. (2015). Despite Resources From The ACA, Most States Do Little To Help Addiction Treatment Programs Implement Health Care Reform. Health Affairs, 34(5), 828-835.
Park, K., Marsh, J.C., Bersamira, C. (2015 October). Gender and Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Opioid Drug Use: Gender Gap Narrowing Over Time in U.S., Findings from NSDUH 2017-2013. Presentation at the Addiction Health Services Research (AHSR) Conference, Marina del Rey, CA.
Bersamira, C.S., Lin, Y. & Marsh, J.C. (2015 January). Substance Abuse Among Asian Pacific Islander Americans: Results from the National Latino and Asian American Study Related to Ethnicity, Native-Born Status, English Proficiency, and Gender. Poster Presentation at the Society for Social Work Research, New Orleans, LA.
Andrews, C.M., Grogan, C.M., Bersamira, C.S. Pollack, H.A. & Friedmann, P.D. (2014 October). State and Treatment Program Responses to Health Reform: Preliminary Findings from the National Drug Abuse Treatment System Survey (NDATSS) – Single State Agencies, the ACA, and SAPT Block Grant Reallocation. Presentation at the Addiction Health Services Research (AHSR) Conference, Boston, MA.
Wurzburg, S., Zentgraf, K., Russell, C. Bersamira, C., Morrison, R., & Harwood, H. (2014). State Adolescent Substance Use Disorder Treatment and Recovery Practice Guide. National Association of State Alcohol and Drug Abuse Directors.