- 30100 Social Intervention: Direct Practice
- 43422 Qualitative Research: Using the Phenomenological Approach to Examine Social Work Practice
- 61312 Qualitative Research: Using the Case Study Approach to Examine Social Work Practice and Policy
- 54300 Qualitative Research Methods
Evaluation Director, MidAmerica Center for Public Health Practice, University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public Health
Evaluation Director, MidWest AIDS Training and Education Center, University of Illinois at Chicago, Dept. of Family Medicine
Senior Research/Evaluation Associate, Division of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse, Illinois Department of Human Services
- Field Instructor, University of Chicago, School of Social Service Administration
- Field Instructor, University of Illinois at Chicago, Jane Addams College of Social Work
Fields of Special Interest
- Substance Use
- HIV Prevention and Engagement into HIV Care
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Intersection between Public Health and Social Work practice
Publications or Presentations
- Jacob, B.A., and Carlberg-Racich, S. (2011, November 9). “Linkage to Care, What Do We Know and How Can We Use This Information to Improve HIV Care Engagement at the Local Level?” Presented at the U.S. Conference on AIDS Pre-Conference Institute, Chicago Illinois.
Jacob, B.A., and Carlberg-Racich, S. (2010, November 6-10). “Facilitating Routine HIV Testing in Clinical Settings: The Role of the AIDS Education & Training Centers.” Presented at the 138th Annual Meeting of the American Public Health Association, Denver Colorado.
Jacob, B.A. (2010, August 23-26) “Tackling the Challenge of Narrative Data Analysis: A Coding Workshop for HIV/AIDS Training Evaluation.” Presented at the 2010 Ryan White Grantee Meeting and 13th Annual Clinical Conference, Washington, D.C.
Bashook, P.G., Linsk, N.L., Jacob, B.A., Aguado, P., Edison, M., Rivero, R., Schechtman, B., & Prabhughate, P. (2010), “Outcomes of AIDS education and training center HIV/AIDS skill-building workshops on provider practices.” AIDS Education and Prevention, 22(1).